I'm happy to announce that Chickadee 0.5.0 has been released!
Chickadee is a game development toolkit for Guile that is built on top of SDL2 and OpenGL. Chickadee aims to provide all the features that parenthetically inclined game developers need to make 2D and 3D games in Scheme.
New features and improvements:
- New OpenAL-based audio API (see Audio in the manual)
- New API for user-defined shader data types (see Shaders in the manual)
- New, very experimental 3D model loading support for OBJ and glTF formats (see 3D Models in the manual)
- New 3D vector math procedures such as cross product (see Vectors in the manual)
- Improvements to internal GPU state management
string->colorprocedure in the
(chickadee render color)module
controller-button-pressed?procedure in the
- Support for transparent color keying when loading textures
- Tiled map renderer now respects transparent colors for tileset images
- New window manipulation procedures (see Window Manipulation in the manual)
- New Colors section in the manual
- New Input Devices section in the manual
- Fixed misuse of streaming vertex buffer in particle system renderer
- Fixed screen not being cleared on frames where nothing is rendered
- Fixed missing bounds check in
source tarball: https://files.dthompson.us/chickadee/chickadee-0.5.0.tar.gz
See the Chickadee project page for more information.
Also, check out the Spring Lisp Game Jam that starts on Friday, April 10th!
Bug reports, bug fixes, feature requests, and patches are welcomed.