I'm happy to announce that Chickadee 0.9.0 has been released!
Chickadee is a game development toolkit for Guile. Chickadee aims to provide all the features that parenthetically inclined game developers need to make 2D and 3D games in Scheme.
Notable improvements and changes:
(chickadee graphics font)module has been renamed to
(chickadee graphics text).
- SDL2_image has been dropped in favor of using libjpeg-turbo and libpng directly.
joinprocedure for scripts that mimicks traditional thread joining.
- Improved error messages in
- Languages other than Scheme can now be used with
chickadee play, such as Wisp. Thanks to Arne Babenhauserheide for their contribution!
(chickadee math matrix)module.
matrix4-transform!has been replaced with two procedures:
#:shearkeyword argument for
(chickadee graphics sprite).
ignore-filesconfiguration option for
- Games no longer crash if there is no audio device available.
- Transformation matrices are now properly applied to the origins of vector paths.
- Shearing is now calculated correctly in
(chickadee math matrix).
set-vec3-z!is now exported from the
(chickadee math vector)module.
- Fixed issue with inverted Y coordinates when using bitmap fonts.
agenda-clearnot resetting state correctly in
(chickadee scripting agenda)module.
- Cube map usage in PBR/Phong shaders now work on older OpenGL versions.
- Fixed multiple bugs in
(chickadee math rect).
source tarball: https://files.dthompson.us/chickadee/chickadee-0.9.0.tar.gz
See the Chickadee project page for more information.
Bug reports, bug fixes, feature requests, and patches are welcomed.
P.S. - The 2022 Lisp Game Jam is coming up on October 28th! Consider joining in on the fun!